When the tracking tool shows Delivery attempted - rearrange delivery, this means that a courier visited your property but was unable to leave your item.
There are a few reasons why our courier may be unable to deliver your item.
- The item required a signature and there was no one at home.
- We noticed a dog or "Beware of the Dog" sign, and thought it best not to enter the property.
- The address on the item either didn't have enough information e.g. unit number, or we found we couldn't access the building.
What Happens Next
New Zealand Post will leave a card in your mailbox indicating which local Post Office your parcel has been taken to. You can either:
- Visit our Tracking tool and enter your tracking number to organise a redeliver, redirection or collection. Click Parcel Options and select Redirect my parcel
From here you can also set up email delivery updates by selecting the "Turn on delivery upgrades" option
- Call in to book a redelivery to the same address, redirect to another address (work or residential within 75km) or have the item redirected to a post shop/ held at the depot for collection, and if done before 3pm, it will be actioned for the next working day.
You will need to take this card and your ID to the selected post office during business hours. New Zealand Post will keep parcels for 10 days. If no request to have the item redelivered, redirected or collected has been received, it will be sent back to the warehouse and you will be refunded (upon the store confirming they have the parcel).
New Zealand post no longer do Evening services, unless you have the item PACED, then this option can be done. Saturday deliveries can also be arranged online for $5. However, this is targeted and not guaranteed also.
For more information: